Professionals have now claimed that well over fifty percent of neck problems are created by bed related postures and placements. Averagely, most individuals spend about 25 years of their lives getting tucked into bed. So, it is important to pay attention to investing in high quality night rest. Sleeping on Best memory foam pillows can provide a number of health benefits. Memory foam pillows are special because of the heat reactive cushioning insulator and the way they shape to the head and neck better than other pillows.
When considering factors like comfort and quality sleep, cost should not be a yardstick for comparison. Even if it is a factor, memory foam pillows would always consider all its potential customers. While memory foam pillows cost the same or more than competitive traditional pillows, memory foam pillows provide a number of benefits which cannot be found in the traditional pillows. Memory foam pillows retain shape, and possess a longer lifetime than that of traditional pillows. While comparing prices of various pillows, consider the cost of replacing pillows over the lifetime of the memory foam pillow. When this cost is added to the other benefits of sleeping on a memory foam pillow, you will see how well the advantages add up.
Below, is a detailed review on our selected memory foam pillows.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Memory Foam Pillow Reviews Comparison Chart
- 2 Pros of Best Memory Foam Pillows
- 3 Cons of Best Memory Foam Pillows
- 4 Best Memory Foam Pillow Reviews
- 5 Coop Home Goods
- 6 Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam
- 7 Dough by Z
- 8 Iso-Cool Memory Foam Pillow
- 9 Contour Memory Foam by Elite Rest
- 10 Conforma
- 11 Original Bamboo Wedge
- 12 Contour Memory Foam + Gel
- 13 Different Types of Memory Foam Pillows
- 14 Conclusion
Best Memory Foam Pillow Reviews Comparison Chart
|Coop Home Goods memory foam pillow||5- Year Warranty and 100 night trial.||
|Snuggle pedic Ultra luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam||20 -Year Warranty, 4 months sleep trial||
|Dough by z||5- Year Warranty||
|Iso-cool Memory Foam Pillow||5- Year Warranty||
|Contour Memory foam by Elite Rest||5 -Year Warranty.||
|Conforma||3- Year Warranty with no sleep trial||
|Original Bamboo Wedge||4 Year warranty.||
|Contour Memory Foam + Gel||5- Year Warranty with 100 days sleep trial||
Pros of Best Memory Foam Pillows
Some people have attested that these types of pillows are the major reason that they started sleeping well at night again. But is this really the case? It is very difficult to measure sleep because it is so subjective. It varies for every person, so it is hard to judge what a ‘good sleep’ looks like. However, there are some key benefits to memory foam pillows that are known to us.
- One of the greatestbenefits of memory foam pillow is that it helps to contour the head and also aids in keeping the spine aligned when sleeping.
- A great feature of memory foam is that they have heat reactive cushioning insulators.
- Memory foam pillows retainexcellent contour for the benefit of the neck, head and spine.
- Best memory foam pillows also preventsnoring because it does not tilt the head upwards and does not close off air passages.
Cons of Best Memory Foam Pillows
- The dense foam can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. The density makes the pillow quite heavy.
- They convert body heat. This means that during the warm periods, the sleep might become overheated and
- Has a foul odor when it is new.
It is too firm when first used but gets better later.
Best Memory Foam Pillow Reviews
Considering the different types, designs and sizes of memory foam pillows, there is this very important question- which one is the best choice. Below are our eight favorite memory foam pillows on the market today, all with various unique attributes which distinguishe them for you to consider.
It can be said to be the best-shredded option on the market. It is adjustable with regards to its firmness and loft. This has been made possible by the provision of zippered inner casing that can be opened and filled with any amount of shredded foam depending according to the customer’s preferences.
The shred is made from high grade proprietary foam blend. According to the manufacturer, refills for these shreds are readily available, adding to its increased hypoallergenic design.
- One hypoallergenic feature is its removable cover, which makes routine cleaning quite simple and
- It is much softer with shredded foam. For those looking to enjoy the benefits of memory foam while still appreciating “fluff,” this is an excellent choice.
- It may take a while to get used to.
The Snuggle-Pedic is considered comparable to a down pillow that never goes flat. Like other shredded foam selections, it offers the ability to customize height and firmness by giving you the opportunity to always increase or decrease the amount of shredded foam in it. The shredded foam is protected by an inner cover and further housed by the breathable and machine washable outer cover.
The outer cover makes use of the Snuggle-Pedic’s Ultra-Luxurious Kool-Flow™ Micro-Vented Bamboo Cover, which is well-known because it helps to increase breathability, leading to a consistently cool pillow.
- Hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
- There is free customization that comes along with purchase and a 90-day money back guarantee, and 20-year replacement warranty.
- Heavier than a regular pillow, does not really move when sleeping once it has been well placed.
- The foam does not seem to hold shape over time.
It is the best if not the only option for those who often travel, it is smaller than most of its kind, but it would always make comfort at home a top notch option. It is designed with rounded edges, which gives it the look of not an everyday classic feather pillow with the firm support of 100% polyurethane foam.
The outer casing is made up of 75% polyester and 25% rayon from bamboo, which also makes it a rather appealing hypoallergenic selection.
- Overall, for those who move around or travel regularly and are always in need of memory foam pillow that is smaller than the standard size, this is a great choice.
- Great for people who have been diagnosed with allergies, asthma, or sensitive skin.
- Excellent pressure point relief and support.
- Some consider it too firm for their taste while others prefer an even firmer option
This pillow is made by SleepBetter, and makes use of 100% Visco-elastic foam Active Air Technology™ which gives room for better airflow, and offers a cool night’s sleep and support. It is added up with extra material at its sides, which helps to increase its thickness. Its form also consists of microscopic Phase Change Material beds that adjust to regulate body temperature throughout the night.
- The technology is responsive to heat changes in your body, and so you get to sleep at the optimal temperature during either summer or winter due to the responsiveness to heat changes.
- There are three different ranges to select from, so you can easily pick up the shape and support level that works for you and your body.
- Most people who purchased it recently said it’s of lesser quality now.
It is the perfect choice for individuals who regularly sleep on their side. Side sleepers should aim to rest their head in the “neutral” position, which is when the neck and spine are comfortably aligned.
A quite significant and unavoidable feature of this contour pillow is its varieties in heights at each end. At one end, it is 2.75 inches tall, and at the other end; 4 inches. With this it provides the utmost in customizable comfort for your neck and spine. Most customers have noticed and returned with after purchase review that it is one of the softest if not the softest of the Best memory foam pillows.
- Helps in relieving the regular neck and shoulder pain by keeping the neck and shoulder fully relaxed.
- Its Soft terry valor cover makes the pillow
- Many have found it to be smaller than their expectations and too small to fit their specific body type.
This option can be said to be more of the traditional memory foam pillow and is quite versatile because it is ideal for different sleeping habits. With 5-inches loft, it makes for an increasingly supporting choice for both back and side sleepers.
The uniqueness to the conforma is its aerated memory foam design which is created with a pattern of holes to keep the head cool while providing ventilated neck and head support. The ventilation technology of memory foams which aims at dissipating body heat and allowing air to travel through the material is increasingly becoming an important feature.
- Cooling thermal regulation technology helps to keep the body temperature of the user balanced.
- The firmness of this pillow is medium, which is quite perfect,and this makes it neither too firm nor fluffy.
- Comes with a bad odor when opened.
The pillow is highly important and useful to those with health issues like acid reflux and back pain. It provides a slight incline to the upper back and head area.
The pillow keeps acid back in the stomach, rather than having it come up through the esophagus and thereby causing acid reflux. Especially for those who are pregnant, it is said to be a constant life-saver. Its quality and firmness are supreme.
- Good for snoring and acid reflux.
- Helps support restless legs, neck problems, and pregnancy pains.
- Molds and aligns to any sleeping style.
- Many who purchased this pillow found the incline to be too steep.
- Quite strong foam-plastic odor.
This product is considered and said to be the most unique among all the top-rated memory foam pillows. It has all the benefits attributed to any traditional contoured style, which includes the benefits of the cooling gel top which helps to reduce heat during sleep or a nap.
One side of this gel memory foam pillow is 4 inches and the other side is 5 inches. The pillow is ideal for almost every side sleeper. Its contour allows the sleeper to experience the comfort of an aligned spine, neck and head.
- Remedies snoring.
- Creates stability by eliminating motion transfer.
- Prevents pressure on the nerves and promoted blood flow.
- It has a lingering stench for many days that does not seem to dissipate.
- Not perfectly firm
Different Types of Memory Foam Pillows
Best memory foam pillows vary along different factors which are size, purpose, shape, constituent build- up and other factors. Given this, memory foam pillows are always largely grouped under these four subcategories with large range of unique features.
The best-known purchased option is the traditionally shaped pillow. This type is elementary; a piece of this foam that is cut to the shape specifications of your cover.
When it comes to traditional foam pillows, there are two very similar types, in particular which are the most popular. Both are literally one-piece and cut to size. The first is truly traditional in that it’s tailored by a single seam around all four edges and has slightly sloped or angled edges which are common in a majority of bed pillows.
The other is just like the first one in terms of shape and size but instead has a double seamed edge which gives room for a consistent and higher loft especially around the edge. These are known as a gusset pillow, and due to the high loft and increased support for the neck and shoulder area, they are accepted all over by everyone as an all-around top- rated pillows.
It is made into a more specific shape, and it has been crafted uniquely to cradle your head at just the perfect angle. With the aim of providing ideal support for the head and neck, you would likely experience maximum results for neck pain relief.
However, this variety is not popular among those sleepers who happen to move or roll around regularly through the night or through their sleep. This model is mostly comfortable in certain positions. Those who sleep on their stomach would find this pillow dreadful. But if you are a side sleeper, you would greatly benefit from the contoured style. For many who sleep on their back or stomach, this is not the best pick.
Contour memory foam pillow is literally a conjunction of viscoelastic foam which has a subtle groove and two ridges running horizontally from one side to the other. The groove is where the head gets cradled, and with the ridges support the neck, it provides maximum stability for the head too. Because of the contoured shape combined with the supportive nature of viscoelastic foam, the memory foam contour pillow is a very popular choice for those with neck problems and is also considered by regular customers to be the most suitable if not the best for people that prefer sleeping on their back.
This option is somehow likened to the traditional option, because it is shaped like a pillow filled with feathers. However, the contents are made up of thousands of shredded pieces of memory foam which are compacted tightly together. Shredded memory foam pillows can be said to be one of the best and it will adapt to your shape quickly and comfortably. This is also confirmed by its regular and first -time users.
Its shredded interior gives room for more breathability throughout the night and period of the sleep, leading to less heat retention. Additionally, by lightly squeezing it, the loft and proportion of stuffing can be adjusted to the desired form. They are usually oblong, similar to the traditional types. They are available in the usual categories such as Standard, Queen, and King, though the actual measurements can differ slightly between brands. The loft (height) is relatively average, not too high and not too low, making these a good all-rounder for different sleeping positions.
They are referred to as shredded because the interior consists of hundreds or sometimes thousands of tiny shreds of foam pieces compacted together to form the filling. The benefits of this shredded nature is that it allows the foam to be more breathable thus making it cooler and not creating a heat trap. Additionally, although there is no real need to fluff, a shredded memory foam pillow can have its loft adjusted, or be scrunched and molded to shape if required, unlike a contour pillow.
The Wedge-Shaped Pillow is multifunctional, having more uses than the traditional oblong shaped types. It is shaped like a triangle, slanted with a gradual slope, and is commonly used to prop the body up for different purposes.
Known as a bed wedge, it is popularly used as a reading pillow while sat upright and leaned against. They can also be used to lift the lower body by placing it under the back of the knees thereby reducing the load on the lower back. Consequently, they are also regarded as the best pillows for pregnancy considering that they can be placed under a baby bump to reduce stress on the lower back.
The size and angle of the slope greatly determine its usage. Owing to its conformation and heat retaining nature, it can be an extremely comfortable and warm surface to lay on.
It is Ideal for people experiencing gastrointestinal or esophageal related health concerns and pregnant women.
There is always a dilemma in selecting the Best Memory foam type because of the services rendered by each type. But choosing the right pillow is not so complicated once you know what you’re after. Based on your criteria, whatever your individual sleep needs may be, there is a perfect memory foam pillow out there for you. Hopefully, our comparison and buying guide can help you along in finding the perfect pillow for a good night sleep.